Particular areas of interest, skills and experience include:
• Translation of policy into practice in different working environments
• Learning processes and their integration into organisational systems and culture
• Evaluations and research and use of findings to inform policy and programme design
• Workshop design, organisation and facilitation
• Training: development and delivery of training courses, modules, guidelines
• Strategic planning
• Project and programme design and proposal development
Key topics include:
Partnership has been a particular focus of my work in recent years: developing and introducing Sightsavers Programme Partnership Policy and integrating it into existing systems. I am a strong believer in collaboration and organisations working together to achieve more than they would working individually.
Inclusive development : promoting inclusive policies and practices which are accessible to persons with disabilities. To achieve the Millennium Development Goals, particularly those of eradicating extreme poverty and hunger and of achieving universal primary education, it is essential that persons with disabilities are able to access mainstream services and initiatives. Served on Board of the International Disability and Development Consortium 2007-2009.
I have 20 years experience working for international NGOs, with Sightsavers International in UK, and also living and working in Asia, Middle East and Africa with CARE International and VSO. This followed 5 years as an international market researcher, managing multi-country studies; I am trained in qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
Languages: French – fluent spoken/written – worked in French during 2 years in Comoros islands. Basic Arabic.